Last Updated on
Want a beautiful essential oil diffuser necklace without the high price? This DIY Baked Clay Diffuser Necklace is so easy to make with a few supplies.
Wearing an essential oil diffuser necklace is one of my favorite ways to enjoy essential oils. Ever since I was introduced to essential oils, I have fallen deeper and deeper in love with them. I love how they can support my family’s health, balance moods and so much more!
I love running my essential oil diffusers all the time, but when I’m on the go I don’t have that option. To get the therapeutic benefits of essential oils on the go, the girls and I decided to make essential oil diffuser necklaces.
If you don’t want to make them, you can also buy a diffuser necklace, but it’s not as much fun as making them. So we made a plan and gathered our supplies.
Once we had all of the supplies for our essential oil diffuser necklaces, they were so easy to make them! We spent an afternoon making them and we have a huge selection now.
It was a really fun project to do with the kids. We had so much fun that I forgot to take pictures of the process, but it’s pretty self explanatory.
Next time we’ll be making air dried terracotta essential oils diffuser necklaces! But these ones were great because we could choose colors and they were ready for use very quickly.
DIY Baked Clay Essential Oil Diffuser Necklaces
- Clay Sampler Pack
- Mini Cookie Cutters
- Flower Stamps and/or Floral Stamps (or your favorite stamps)
- Beading twine
- Small Straw (we used one from a juice box)
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment paper
- Remove the clay from the package, and roll it out using a rolling pin until it’s around 1/4″ thick.
- Cut shapes out of the clay with the cookie cutters, just like you would when baking cookies.
- Stamp a pattern onto the pendant, then use the straw to make a hole where the pendant will be tied to the string.
- Transfer the pendant to the parchment paper lined cookie sheet, then repeat until you’ve made all of your clay pendants.
- Bake the pendants according to the package directions and allow to cool completely.
- Once they’re cool, cut a piece of twine to your desired length – go a little longer than you think you want because I’ll show you how to make them adjustable.
- Fold the twine in half, then insert the loop through the hole on the pendant.
- Take the other end and stick it through the loop.
- Then tighten and adjust.
- Next, take one end of the string and tie it to the other end. You should be able to move the knot up and down the string it’s tied to.
- Then, tie the other end to the other string, again making sure you tie it so the knot will move up and down.To adjust, all you have to do is move the knots up or down to make the necklace larger or smaller.
- To use as an essential oil diffuser necklace, just apply 1-2 drops of your favorite essential oil directly to the clay and lightly rub in. It should last for at least a few hours as long as you’re using a quality essential oil. I love using scents that give me a nice, ongoing mood boost throughout the day.