Do you love making homemade cleaning products? Then you’ll love this DIY natural shower cleaner. It’s easy to make and works great for tubs and tile too.
No one likes cleaning the bathroom, but it’s something that has to be done. A good shower scrub is key, so if you’re going to DIY, you want a solid recipe.
This tried and true recipe for Homemade Shower Cleaner works great for the tub, sink and tile too! I can’t honestly say it’s any more fun cleaning the bathroom using my homemade shower cleaner that works, but it sure is much easier.
To make your own homemade shower cleaner, you just need a few simple supplies and you too will have sparkly clean sanitized surfaces in your tub and shower!
Homemade Shower Cleaner
- Mixing spoon
- Glass storage jar
- Dish brush
- In a wide mouth container combine baking soda, peroxide, castile soap, and essential oils, stirring well.
- You'll want to make a fresh batch each time you need to use it. I would not try to make it ahead and store indefinitely. This is one natural cleaner that works better fresh. See Notes below for usage instructions.
- You can use a small brush that fits in your palm but I like to use a long handled dish brush for scrubbing the shower, it makes it easier to reach the higher areas and I don’t have to bend over quite so far, putting pressure on my back.
- Dip brush in mixture to coat well, scrub anywhere there is build up, mildew or spots.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Scrub again and rinse away.
- Repeat as needed for stubborn build up.