I love aromatherapy to help me wake up in the morning. Learn how to make the best shower steamers recipe with natural ingredients in our easy tutorial.
Waking up to a refreshing shower is great, but it’s even better with these DIY citrus shower steamers. The uplifting aroma helps me perk up a little more quickly and makes me feel happy.
While I used grapefruit, lemon, orange and peppermint essential oils in this batch, you can substitute other oils for your shower melts too!
Here are some of my other favorite options:
- Peppermint, Lavender, Lemon
- Lavender, Eucalyptus, Peppermint
- Lavender, Orange
- Eucalyptus, Lemon
- Peppermint, Rosemary
- Lavender, Chamomile
For more ideas, grab my free guide to choosing the right essential oils for your homemade beauty products – totally based on your skin type and preferences!
Citrus Shower Steamers Tutorial
- Add the baking soda, citric acid and cornstarch to a glass or metal mixing bowl. Whisk until all of the powders are well combined.
- Next, add the essential oils and stir well to incorporate, making sure to break up any small clumps.
- Add the water and yellow soap colorant to a small mixing bowl, then stir to evenly distribute the color.
- Sprinkle the water, 1 teaspoon at a time, over the mixture to slightly dampen it. Stir well to distribute the yellow color.
- Transfer to the flower treat mold, pressing down firmly. I like to have a baking sheet or cutting board until silicone molds to make them easier to move around.
- After all of the cavities are full, place the silicone mold in the freezer for 2 hours. Gently pop each citrus shower steamer out of its mold and store in an airtight container.