Jump to Directions
Do you have a bathroom that doesn’t have great ventilation? This homemade mold and mildew cleaner is an easy DIY solution to prevent and clean away that yucky grime.
I find that mold and mildew are especially attracted to bathroom tile and shower curtains. So it’s important to use a good cleaner to spray on your shower curtain and in your shower.
This DIY mold and mildew cleaner works because the baking soda helps absorb moisture while the tea tree oil has natural anti-fungal properties. If you already have mildew or mold growing, try replacing the water with white vinegar to help clean away the mold faster.
However, you’ll want to use that mixture right away because baking soda and vinegar will cancel out each others’ properties if you allow them to sit together.
The best strategy is to prevent it, of course. If all of your prevention strategies didn’t work, give this easy homemade mold and mildew cleaner a try.
Easy Homemade Mold & Mildew Cleaner
- 16- ounce glass spray bottle
- 2 cups white vinegar - or distilled water as noted above
- 2 teaspoon tea tree essential oil
- ¼ cup baking soda
- Your choice of printable label - you can use full sheet printer labels and cut them
- Mixing bowl
- Add half of the water and all of the baking soda to a small mixing bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Add the tea tree oil to the bowl, and whisk to evenly distribute.
- Immediately transfer the mold and mildew cleaner to a clean glass spray bottle. There will be some baking soda left in the bowl that settled. Pour the second cup of water into the mixing bowl with the settled baking soda and whisk to combine, then immediately pour through the funnel into the glass spray bottle.
- Print out your free cleaning label onto your full page printer label and attach to your glass spray bottle.