Do you have dry skin? Make this DIY zesty body butter with citrus essential oils. It’s nourishing and uplifting. Pamper yourself with this body butter today!
I don’t know about you, but I get dry skin – I find that body butter really helps to sooth my skin. Coconut oil has a ton of excellent health benefits, and it’s amazing for nourishing your skin too! And I love that you can add different essential oils to give the body butter different properties too.
I like using essential oils with uplifting properties, and citrus oils have wonderful mood boosting qualities. You can also swap out more soothing essential oils like lavender oil and roman chamomile oil to your body butter to help you unwind at the end of a long day.
Give this DIY body butter recipe using essential oils a try!
Citrus Body Butter Made with Citrus Essential Oils
- Scoop the coconut oil into a bowl.
- Warm the coconut oil for 15-20 seconds to soften it.
- Stir the softened coconut oil to make sure all lumps are dissolved.
- Add the zest from all three fruits - orange, lemon and lime.
- Add the lemon and orange essential oils (make sure the coconut oil is not hot before doing this).
- Stir to make sure all of the essential oils and fruit zest is thoroughly mixed into the soft coconut oil.
- Place in refrigerator to solidify just a little bit.
- You know that it is hard enough when you can still make an indention with your finger in the body butter.
- Spoon the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer or into a good blender.
- Whip until it's creamy and fluffy.
- When it reaches the consistency that you want, spoon it out and put it in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Tie a ribbon around the neck of the jar for a special touch if you're gifting it.
- Store in a cool location.
- Use the body butter in place of your body lotion.