Jump to Directions
Learn how to make the most uplifting DIY Citrus Body Butter in this easy homemade beauty recipe.
I don’t know about you, but I get dry skin. I find that body butter really helps to sooth my skin.
Coconut oil has a ton of excellent benefits for your skin too! And I love that you can add different essential oils to give the body butter different properties too.
I like using essential oils with uplifting properties, and citrus oils have wonderful mood boosting qualities. You can also swap out more soothing essential oils like lavender oil and roman chamomile oil to your body butter to help you unwind at the end of a long day.
How to Make DIY Citrus Body Butter
Learn how to make the most uplifting citrus body butter with essential oils in this easy DIY beauty tutorial.Print (no photos)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4-5 drops orange essential oil
- 4-5 drops lemon essential oil
- Zest from 1/2 organic orange
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Zest from 1/2 organic lime
- Mixing bowl
- Glass jar with lid
- Scoop the coconut oil into a bowl. It should be soft, but not melted. Stir the softened coconut oil with a fork to make sure all lumps are dissolved.
- Add the zest from all three fruits – orange, lemon and lime.
- Add the lemon and orange essential oils and stir to make sure all of the essential oils and fruit zest is thoroughly mixed into the coconut oil.
- Place in refrigerator to solidify just a little bit. You know that it is hard enough when you can still make an indention with your finger in the body butter.
- Spoon the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer or into a good blender. Whip until it's creamy and fluffy.
- When it reaches the consistency that you want, spoon it out and put it in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Store in a cool location. Use the body butter in place of your body lotion.