Jump to Directions
Learn how to make a unique Light Bulb Cash Holder in this easy DIY graduation gift idea for high school or college graduates.
Trying to come up with one of the most memorable DIY graduation gifts can be a bit challenging – especially if you don’t know exactly what the graduate loves. If you don’t have a wish list in hand, one thing every graduate wants – and needs – is cash.
Cash is one of the best graduation gifts around. However, there’s no need to present cash in the boring, old-fashioned way – stuck in a card.
Make an impact this graduation season with one of these Bright Future Light Bulb Cash Holder DIY graduation gifts. Everyone that sees it will be impressed with your creativity and unique presentation. Your gift won’t be likely to be forgotten soon.
You can easily customize one of these DIY graduation gifts with the recipient’s favorite color inside the lightbulb. One of the best things about these Brightest Future graduation gifts is that they are very inexpensive and easy to make!
You can pick up the supplies at your local dollar or craft store – you may even have many of the supplies on hand already.
If you give these Bright Future Light Bulb Cash Holder DIY graduation gifts a try, let us know how it turns out and how it’s received! We even put together a printable so you can make your graduation gifts extra special.
DIY Graduation Gifts: Bright Future Light Bulb Cash Holder
- Empty Crafting Lightbulb
- Crinkle Paper Shred
- Ribbon - or string
- Money - I used a $50 bill
- Printable Gift Tag - see below
- Hole punch
- Fill your glass lightbulb with the crinkle paper shred.
- Add the money to the lightbulb. (I found it was easiest to use a craft stick to help straighten out the money.)
- Replace lightbulb lid.
- Using a hole punch, cut a hole at the top of the tag.
- Add the ribbon to the tag and tie onto the glass lightbulb.
- Give it to your graduate and watch them light up with excitement!