Learn how to make these easy DIY Matcha Green Tea Bath Salts with essential oils.
Bath salts are one of the easiest DIY projects you can do for a homemade beauty product. They don’t require a ton of different or unusual ingredients.
So, as long as you have a good base of some Epsom salts and baking soda to start with, you can easily change out the scents and essential oils to customize them for your benefit.
Here are some of my other favorite DIY Bath Salts recipes:
While I love drinking matcha lattes, this green tea powder is also great for improving the appearance of skin, so I like adding it to homemade beauty products.
Here are some of my other favorite Matcha beauty recipes:
As you can see, Matcha green tea powder is a very versatile ingredient in DIY beauty products like these bath salts. Add in a couple of your favorite essential oils and you have a bath soak that will help you calm, de-stress and also have great properties for your skin.
How to Make Matcha Tea Bath Salts
- Glass jar with lid
- In a mixing bowl, measure out your Epsom salts first. They tend to clump up easily when stored, so be sure to break the lumps down with a spoon or other tool before measuring as much as possible, and break remaining clumps up in the bowl.
- Add your baking soda to the salts. Whisk together and then add in the Matcha green tea powder.
- Mix your bath salts until you have a nice, even light green tone and an even consistency.
- Next, you will add in the lavender petals. They can tend to want to stay on the top of the mixture, so you will need to really turn the salts well a few times to work them in. If you leave too many in one spot at the top, they can end up being wet from the oil you are about to add, which can later cause the salts to harden and be ruined, so this step is important.
- The next thing is to add in the essential oils. Both of these oils are thin and flow fast, so just be careful as you pour to get just one drop at a time.
- Now, whisk the oils into the salts thoroughly and you are ready to put your Matcha Green Tea Anti-Aging Bath Salts into the jar. I used my tablespoon to transfer the salts over since my jar had a fairly small mouth. It works better to spoon it in than to pour and end up spilling them.