Are you looking for the best healthy side dish recipe for your next dinner party? Learn how to make easy oven baked Hasselback Potatoes that will wow your guests.
While I love potatoes, I do get bored with the same old ways of preparing them. I’ve always thought that Hasselback Potatoes were a beautiful side dish.
However, what I never realized is how incredibly easy they are to make. They’re no harder to make than baked or roasted potatoes, and I find them easier and faster than traditional mashed potatoes.
All you need are a few simple ingredients, and you’ll be able to wow your guests with the perfect Hasselback Potatoes side dish recipe.
Hasselback Potatoes Side Dish Recipe
- Wooden skewers
- Cookie sheet
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a chopstick (or wooden skewer) on each side of a potato to create a physical block for your knife. This helps prevent you from cutting through the potato, so you can create the "accordion effect."
- Using a sharp knife, place deep cuts in the potato every 1/4", stopping when your blade hits the chopsticks (or skewer).
- Repeat this process for all of your potatoes.
- Once you're done cutting them, place the potatoes on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Melt half of the butter and olive oil in a saucepan with the smashed garlic cloves and thyme.
- Pour over the potatoes, ensuring ensuring it gets into as many of the slices as possible.
- Bake the potatoes for 50-60 minutes, until golden and crispy. Melt the remaining butter and olive oil with the garlic and thyme. Brush the melted butter-oil mixture on top of the crispy potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and garnish.