Learn how to make the best homemade Ranch Seasoning blend in this easy recipe. Use it to make ranch dressing, season meats or veggies and more!
The tips and tricks below this recipe include how to adjust it to make a Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning substitute.
Homemade Ranch Seasoning Recipe
- ½ cup dried parsley
- ¼ cup dried dill weed
- ¼ cup onion powder
- ¼ cup dried chives
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Small mixing bowl
- 16 ounce glass jar
- Measure out all of your ranch seasoning ingredients.
- Add all of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl, and stir with a spoon until all of the spices are well combined.
- Transfer the Ranch Seasoning Blend to a pint-sized mason jar and seal with a lid. Shake the jar before each use because it does separate as it settles.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Ranch Seasoning Tips & Tricks
1. Can I make ranch dressing with this seasoning?
Absolutely. Our ranch salad dressing recipe uses fresh herbs, but we also give instructions on how to substitute this mix in that post.
2. What else can I make with this blend?
For a tasty chip or veggie dip with ranch flavor, add about 2 tablespoons to 16 ounces of sour cream and allow to sit for 4-6 hours before using.
You can also use it on pretty much any meat. We like to use it on Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot or when we bake it in the oven.
It’s nice added into soups and you can use it in place of fresh herbs in cheeseballs.
3. Is this like the Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packets?
No, this recipe doesn’t include buttermilk powder (and is vegan). For a copycat recipe, add equal parts of this dry ranch seasoning and dry buttermilk powder together.
For recipes calling for one store bought ranch seasoning packet, combine about 1.5 tablespoons of this mix with 1.5 tablespoons of powdered buttermilk.
4. Storage tips.
Be sure to always store your homemade seasoning blends in an airtight container (glass is preferred) in a cool, dark place like the pantry or spice cabinet. The shelf life will vary on the expiration date of the individual herbs you’re using.
5. Best place to buy bulk spices?
I buy all of my spices in bulk because I make all of our seasoning blends from scratch. Starwest Botanicals has great prices on bulk spices, so that’s who I source most of my spices and seasonings from to make my own mixes.
If you want to make some of my other homemade spice blends, these are popular choices: