Skip the cake and learn how to make the best Flourless Chocolate Torte recipe instead! If you can make ganache, you can make this easy dark chocolate dessert recipe that’s gluten free, rich and delicious.
The first time I ever had a flourless chocolate cake was at a hotel I worked at after college, and I was instantly hooked! Gluten free and delicious!
You can’t get anything like this Flourless Dark Chocolate Torte at our limited restaurant options in the mountains. This dark chocolate torte tastes like it came from a fancy restaurant, not my kitchen.
If you’d like to learn how to make the best flourless chocolate torte, give this easy recipe a try.
Gluten Free Flourless Dark Chocolate Torte Recipe
- 9 ounces dark chocolate - good quality; at least 65%, finely chopped
- 9 ounces unsalted butter - 18 tablespoons
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 7 eggs - at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract - or 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite rumor other desired alcohol
- Fresh berries - or whipped cream or a sprinkle of powdered sugar
- Mixing bowl
- Springform pan
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9” springform pan, add parchment paper and then add a second layer of grease over the parchment paper.
- Place chocolate and butter in a small saucepan, and heat over low until everything is melted. Whisk until ingredients are smooth and combined. Stir in sugar, and allow the mixture to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs (one at a time), incorporating fully between each addition. Continue to stir after all eggs have been added until batter takes on a slightly thicker consistency that sticks to the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the vanilla extract (along with any additional extracts or alcohol you want to use).
- Pour the chocolate batter into your prepared springform pan. Bake for 30 minutes, then check for doneness (it may take up to 35 minutes for the chocolate torte to set). The torte should have a very slight jiggle as the middle will not be quite completely set. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before removing from spring form pan.
- Serve your Flourless Chocolate Torte with desired garnishes.
- This cake can be made up to 1 day in advance and can be served chilled or at room temperature
- To freeze: allow the cake to completely cool, cover the top with plastic wrap and place in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Another option for serving this cake is cutting into small squares and placing on a serving tray (perfect for parties!)