Learn how to make the best DIY vanilla body butter recipe for dry skin using all natural ingredients.
I just love the scent of fresh vanilla beans, and when you pair that with vanilla oil, it’s simply yummy! So I had to share this recipe for DIY Vanilla Body Butter.
Don’t be sticker shocked by the price of vanilla beans – they’re expensive! But there’s nothing quite like them either. If you want to skip on that cost, you can use just the vanilla oleoresin on its own. Or you can just use the vanilla bean without the vanilla oleoresin.
It’s not necessary to use both. The smell will be less potent with vanilla beans and more potent with essential oil, so you can customize the strength to your preferences.
This Vanilla Body Butter is very rich and nourishing, making it a great choice for these cold and dry winter months. I hope your skin loves it as much as mine does!
DIY Vanilla Body Butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil - measured solid
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 3 teaspoons beeswax pastilles
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil - +1/4 teaspoon
- 1-2 vanilla beans
- 20 drops Vanilla Oleoresin
- Double Boiler
- Glass storage jar
- In a double boiler, combine all ingredients except for the vanilla oil/beans. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a heat proof jar in a pan of water.
- If using a vanilla bean, slice the bean and scrape out the vanilla into the double boiler. Then, slice the bean into smaller pieces and place it into the double boiler too.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil, stirring often until everything is melted and well combined (it takes about twelve minutes). Turn off the heat, and allow the contents the ingredients to infuse for 10-15 minutes so the vanilla beans can infuse.
- If the mixture has hardened, go ahead and heat it back up until it's liquid. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a small glass jar. If using essential oils, add the oils now and stir to combine. Allow the jar to sit on the counter for 24 hours to cool and harden.