Learn how to make the best Jamaican Jerk Seasoning and Marinade at home. It’s easy and tastes great on chicken, beef and even vegetarian dishes!
There is something so comforting in the flavors in Jamaican food, and Jamaican Jerk is one of the most recognizable flavors in the culture. There isn’t a Jamaican restaurant anywhere near where we live now, so I created my own spice mix.
It’s so much more affordable to buy your spices in bulk and blend them yourself. I typically buy spices in bulk, then store the spices in mason jars until I’m ready to use them.
You can use the spice blend as a rub, or you can easily turn this spice blend into a marinade. I love to use the marinade in the crockpot, especially on these hot summer days when I don’t want to use the oven.
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning & Marinade Recipe
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons allspice
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried jalepeno
- 1 ½ teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk spice mix
- ⅓ cup gluten free soy sauce
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Mixing bowl
- Glass jar
- Place all spices in a pint sized Mason Jar and shake and/or stir the spices until they are well combined. This will fill the jar just over halfway, so you have space to shake the spices before each use.
- Whisk all ingredients in a small mixing bowl until well combined.
- Let the mixture sit for an hour in the fridge for the marinade to reach full flavor.
- You can either pour it over chicken in the crockpot and then cook, or marinade your chicken in it overnight.