Learn how to make the best homemade Cherry Limeade in this easy summer drink recipe.
I love cherry season. There are always plenty of cherries at the Farmer’s Market, and you can find people selling them in front of stores for fundraisers as well.
The girls will gobble down a couple pounds in no time at all. I can’t imagine how many they could eat if the cherries didn’t have pits to slow them down!
I have fond memories of drinking cherry lemonade at a fast food restaurant that I won’t mention as a kid. So when my Dad gave us a ton of limes from their tree, I wanted to try to recreate that tasty memory for my kids with this cherry limeade.
I prefer mine a bit tart, so if you like yours on the sweeter side I’d suggest adding another half cup of sugar.
Fresh Squeezed Cherry Limeade Recipe
- Squeeze the juice from your limes. This is a great task for the kids!
- Pit your cherries and set aside.
- Add 3 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar to a medium sauce pan and heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place the lime juice and cherries into your blender and blend until it's a smooth liquid.
- Transfer the juice from the blender to a pitcher and whisk in the sugar water.
- Add the remaining water, starting with 2 cups, then adding more if necessary.
- Add the ice to the pitcher if you're serving immediately, or move the pitcher to the fridge if you'll drink the cherry limeade more gradually.