I have come to love many things as an adult that I didn’t enjoy as a child. Deviled eggs are one of those things.
The first time I decided that I liked them is when we prepared them using my mother-in-law’s recipe. My husband has always enjoyed them and I never understood why until that day. From there, I have experimented with different ways to make them – some turned out well, others not so well.
Today, I’m bringing you a recipe for Cream Cheese and Bacon Deviled Eggs. Bacon makes everything better, doesn’t it? That’s true with deviled eggs too. I hope you’ll try this twist on the original recipe (perhaps this Easter!).
Cream Cheese & Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Slice your hard boiled eggs in half length wise and then remove the yolk.
- Place the yolk in your blender with cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard, and mix until it’s creamy.
- Stir in chopped cooked bacon (don’t blend the bacon – you want the texture).
- Place the mixture into a plastic bag with a cut corner or pastry bag and fill each egg white with the deviled egg mixture.
- Top your deviled eggs with paprika and extra bacon.