Learn how to make the best Everything Bagel Seasoning in this easy and delicious spice mix recipe.
If you love using Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, I highly recommend you try the homemade version!
Be sure to check out the tips below the recipe for more ideas for what to put it on besides bagels.
Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe
- 1 cup sesame seeds - colors of your choice
- ¾ cup poppy seeds
- ¼ cup dried onion flakes
- ¼ cup dried minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds - (optional)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Small mixing bowl
- 16 ounce glass jar
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Transfer to a pint-sized mason jar for storage.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Tips & Ways to Use Everything Bagel Seasoning
1. Don’t Have All the Ingredients?
This is one seasoning blend where you don’t want to make a lot of substitutions. Be sure you’re using dehydrated minced garlic and onion – not powder. You can use coarse sea salt instead of flakes, but you won’t get quite the same effect.
The only ingredient that it’s really totally okay to omit is the fennel. If you’re after a copycat Trader Joes recipe, you’ll want to omit that one anyways.
2. How to Use Everything Bagel Seasoning
You can, of course, use this amazing blend for making bagels and breads. If you’re wondering what to put everything bagel seasoning on, try these recipe ideas!
- Avocado toast
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Hard boiled eggs
- Baked or mashed potatoes
- Cheese balls
- Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- Cream cheese dip for veggies
- Gluten Free Meatloaf
- Homemade bread
- Soups like cauliflower and baked potato
3. Storing Homemade Spice Mixes
I always store my homemade spice mixes in quart or pint sized mason jars since we do buy spices in bulk. Be sure to store them in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight for optimal freshness and mark any relevant expiration dates on the jars for reference.
4. Best place to buy bulk spices?
I buy all of my spices in bulk because I make all of our seasoning blends from scratch. Starwest Botanicals has great prices on bulk spices, so that’s who I source most of my spices and seasonings from to make my own mixes.
If you want to make some of my other homemade spice blends, these are popular choices: