Are you looking for the best gluten free gingersnap cookies recipe? This recipe makes crispy, yet chewy gingersnap cookies that even the kids will love!
I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is already over, and we’re planning for Christmas already! We put up our tree yesterday, and we moved on from Thanksgiving meal planning to Christmas cookie baking. The girls love this time of year, and so do I.
Even though I’m still working, I love slowing down just a bit and taking more time to really enjoy time with my family.
We always bake more, do more crafts, play more games and have lots more giggles. I think it’s because it’s snowing outside and we enjoy this special time together indoors.
Every year, I like to experiment with new cookie recipes to add to our list of favorites, and I hit the nail on the head with this gluten free gingersnap cookie recipe. They turned out amazing!
The girls were eating the dough as we were shaping the cookies, and they both squealed with delight when they bit into the cookies after they were baked.
For this gluten free gingersnap cookie recipe, I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour (this post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill).
It combines finely ground brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, whole grain sorghum flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour with just enough xanthan gum to make chewy cookies, which is what I was looking for in this recipe.
I like my cookies to have a bit of crunch on the outside, with a soft, chewy inside.
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour is formulated specifically for baked goods like cookies, brownies and cakes.
The protein in the sorghum flour helps give them an almost wheat-like texture and aids in browning too. I was pleased with how well it worked in this gluten free gingersnap cookies recipe.
If you’re looking for the perfect gluten free gingersnap cookies recipe, then you’ve landed in the right place. You could always buy gluten free ginger snaps, but mine are better!
Kid-Approved Gluten Free Gingersnap Cookies Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, cream the butter, ½ cup of the cane sugar and the brown sugar.
- Add the molasses and eggs and continue mixing until it’s well combined. Then add the ginger, cinnamon, cloves, sea salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Last, add the Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour and mix until well combined. The mixture will be slightly wet.
- Roll the gingersnap cookie dough into 1 inch balls, then roll each ball in the remaining ½ cup of cane sugar. Lay the ball on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Repeat until you’ve used all the dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are crackled and set. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat fresh or store in an airtight container.