Homemade Strawberry Lemonade is a delicious drink that’s easy to make from scratch with fresh lemons, juicy strawberries and homemade simple syrup.
This combination of fresh ingredients makes the best homemade strawberry lemonade you’ve ever tasted! It’s better than anything you can get at the local market.
This strawberry lemonade recipe will become a family favorite drink the first time you make it! Make it… trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- ½ cup fresh strawberry puree
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 ½ cups fresh squeezed lemon juice - (5-6 lemons)
- 1 lemon - sliced
- 4 fresh strawberries - sliced
- 2-3 cups ice cubes
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups
- Hand juicer
- Large Pitcher
- 4 pint sized mason jars
- Start by adding about one cup of ripe strawberries to your blender and puree for a few seconds, then set your strawberry puree aside. We like ours chunky for extra strawberry flavor.
- To make simple syrup, add the sugar and 2 cups of water to a saucepan and heat over medium, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved. Turn off burner and set simple syrup aside.
- Cut and squeeze your lemons then add lemon juice to pitcher along with 2 cups of cold water.
- Add the simple syrup to the pitcher and stir until well combined. I like to refrigerate my strawberry lemonade for a couple of hours before proceeding. It keeps it ice cold at the end. Once the lemonade is chilled, add the strawberry puree and mix until combined.
- Place strawberries and lemon slices into pitcher and stir to combine.
- Then add in 2-3 cups of ice cubes and stir some more.
- After it's mixed well and tastes to your liking, serve over ice in pint sized jars. I like to make sure each cup has at least one lemon slice and a few strawberry slices in it.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Tips for the Best Strawberry Lemonade
1. How do I make it into a frozen drink?
To make frozen strawberry lemonade, blend the ice into the the chilled beverage instead of adding it to the pitcher before serving. You may need more ice than the recipe calls for to get the right texture.
2. How to make smooth lemonade?
For smoother lemonade, strain the fresh squeezed lemon juice through a fine mesh strainer to remove the pulp. You’ll also want to blend the berries into a very smooth puree, then strain before adding to the lemonade.
Alternatively, you can substitute strawberry juice for the strawberry puree for an even smoother homemade lemonade.
3. Can alternative sweeteners be substituted?
Lemonade is one area where I go straight to pure cane sugar. However, you can definitely use other sweeteners like honey, maple syrup or liquid stevia in a 1:1 ratio if you don’t want to use white sugar.
4. Can I use lemon juice concentrate instead?
I really suggest juicing your own lemons instead of using a concentrate. You just don’t get the same fresh lemon flavor with bottled concentrates!
If you really want to, the substitution ratio is 2-3 tablespoons of lemon concentrate in place of each fresh lemon.
5. What other kind of fruit can I use?
Try mixing this easy lemonade recipe up with other fruits:
- Use nectarines, cherries, blueberries or raspberries in place of strawberries.
- For a slightly sweeter flavor, add the juice of one fresh squeezed orange in place of one of the lemons.
- Substitute lime juice for lemon for a tangy Strawberry Limeade (or make our Cherry Limeade instead).
6 .Where to buy produce online?
I do a lot of online grocery shopping to keep our pantry and freezer stocked. One of the places I shop most is Imperfect Foods, but you can also check out my list of the best places to buy produce online!