Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls are a quick and easy weeknight dinner that can be made in about 30 minutes.
This recipe uses simple ingredients like chicken breasts and white rice for a one-pot dinner even picky eaters will gobble up.
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion - diced
- 2 pounds chicken breasts - cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups canned black beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels - or one can of corn, drained
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 2 cups jasmine rice - rinsed well of excess starch
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese - grated
- ½ cup fresh cilantro - chopped, for garnish
- Sour cream - optional
- Guacamole - optional
- Cheddar cheese - grated, optional
- Black olives - optional
- Cholula hot sauce
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon
- Instant Pot
- Turn your Instant Pot onto Saute mode, then add oil to warm. Saute diced onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add the chicken cubes, then sprinkle the taco seasoning and sea salt over the top of the chicken and stir to combine.
- Stir in the chicken stock, canned black beans, corn kernels and salsa. Be sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pot or you could get a burn notice.
- Sprinkle the rice over the ingredients in the pot, pressing it down under the liquid without stirring.
- Cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes. Once it’s done, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure. Open the lid.
- Gently stir in the grated cheese.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of your choice, if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Tips for Making Instant Pot Burrito Bowls
1. Can I use a different meat?
If you don’t have boneless skinless chicken breasts, you can use chicken thighs, beef, pork, ground meat or any meat of your choosing. Just chop it into bite sized pieces. For ground meat, brown it first.
2. Can I use a different type of rice?
You cannot use brown rice in this recipe as the cook time is much longer for brown rice than white rice.
3. Can I use pinto beans?
Yes, any type of canned or pre-cooked beans will work in this Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls recipe. My favorites are black beans and pinto beans. I’ll often use beans cooked in my Instant Pot in place of canned beans.
4. How do you serve burrito bowls?
You can go super simple or as fancy as you want to create your own delicious burrito bowl at home. We just scoop it right out of the Instant Pot and into glass bowls.
Then we add our favorite toppings like sour cream, guacamole, salsa or pico de gallo, fresh squeezed lime juice, Cholula Hot Sauce, cheddar cheese, queso de fresco, fresh cilantro and/or sliced green onion. Add no toppings or lots – it’s up to you.
Alternatively, you can use tortilla chips for dipping or wrap it up in a tortilla for easy chicken burritos. It’s a super versatile recipe.
5. Where to buy groceries online…
Pin this recipe to your Instant Pot, Mexican Food or Gluten Free Dinner board.