Have you wondered how to cook baby bok choy the best way? Our Oven Roasted Bok Choy with garlic recipe is the perfect healthy side dish with Chinese food and many other main courses.
Chinese food and many other main courses. Easy and keto friendly. #bokchoy #vegetables #sidedish #ovenroasted #oven #roasted #roastedveggies #vegetarian #vegan #glutenfree #glutenfreesides” />
Have you seen bok choy at the store, but don’t know what to do with it? We’ll teach you how to make an easy and delicious Oven-Roasted Baby Bok Choy Recipe. This easy bok choy recipe will quickly make this Asian veggie one of your family’s favorite side dishes!
When I was in college, I spent 2 months traveling around Asia on a business tour through school. We traveled through Hong Kong, China, Japan and Taiwan visiting businesses and taking business classes.
It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and it’s when I was first introduced to bok choy. It was served with breakfast nearly every morning the week we spent in Hong Kong. It took me a little bit to get used to it, but by the end of the week, I was loving it.
Since graduating, I have experimented with a bok choy recipe or two, but I have found my favorite way to cook bok choy is very simple. This Oven-Roasted Baby Bok Choy Recipe is extremely easy to make, and it’s a delicious way to enjoy bok choy!
If you’ve been looking for the best baby bok choy recipe, I hope you enjoy this one! Be sure to leave a rating and share with your friends.
Oven-Roasted Baby Bok Choy Recipe
- Salad spinner
- Cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 450° F
- Cut each bok choy in half and wash it thoroughly in a sink of water.
- Dry it on a large towel or salad spinner, making sure to get it completely dry.
- Add the bok choy to a large cookie sheet Arrange the bok choy with the stems towards the edge of the pan. (This helps the ends get tender before the leaves get too done.)
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves (crushing the garlic will help to infuse the flavor in the oil)
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium-low heat and add the garlic. (Let the garlic cook in the oil while you prep the bok choy. If at any point it starts to turn brown, remove it from the heat. Garlic burns quick and is very bitter when it does.)
- Remove the garlic from the oil and discard. Set the oil aside to slightly cool.
- Drizzle the oil over bok choy. (You can use a brush to make sure the oil is evenly coated.)
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, coat everything evenly.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes, or until it is tender to your liking. (These cook rather quickly so if you want them a little browner, you can turn the oven up to 500 degrees F. The caramelized bottoms are delicious!)
- We like to serve the baby bok choy with a squeeze of lemon, but that's totally optional.