I have experimented with a bok choy recipe or two, but I have found my favorite way to cook bok choy is very simple. This Oven-Roasted Baby Bok Choy Recipe is extremely easy to make, and it’s a delicious way to enjoy bok choy!
This recipe pairs nicely with my Mongolian Beef & Broccoli Recipe.
Oven-Roasted Baby Bok Choy Recipe
- Salad spinner
- Preheat oven to 450° F
- Cut each bok choy in half and wash it thoroughly in a sink of water. Dry it on a large towel or salad spinner, making sure to get it completely dry.
- Add the bok choy to a large cookie sheet Arrange the bok choy with the stems towards the edge of the pan. (This helps the ends get tender before the leaves get too done.)
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves (crushing the garlic will help to infuse the flavor in the oil)
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium-low heat and add the garlic. (Let the garlic cook in the oil while you prep the bok choy. If at any point it starts to turn brown, remove it from the heat. Garlic burns quick and is very bitter when it does.)
- Remove the garlic from the oil and discard. Set the oil aside to slightly cool.
- Drizzle the oil over bok choy. (You can use a brush to make sure the oil is evenly coated.)
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, coat everything evenly.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes, or until it is tender to your liking. (These cook rather quickly so if you want them a little browner, you can turn the oven up to 500 degrees F. The caramelized bottoms are delicious!)
- We like to serve the baby bok choy with a squeeze of lemon, but that's totally optional.