My easy homemade salted caramel sauce recipe is perfect for dipping apple slices in, pouring over warm apple or pumpkin desserts, drizzling over ice cream or using in your favorite fall recipes. And it’s ready in about 15 minutes!
I seriously can’t get enough salted caramel. Salted caramel mochas. Salted caramel sauce over ice cream. Salted caramel over anything, really.
Unfortunately, most caramel sauce you can buy at the grocery store is full of ingredients that we try our very best to avoid. So I started making my own salted caramel sauce at home.
And, oh my – it’s absolutely delicious! Better than anything you can buy – and it’s made with far better ingredients.
It’s perfect for dipping apple slices in, pouring over warm apple desserts and pumpkin desserts, drizzling over ice cream or using in your favorite fall recipes that call for caramel sauce.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar - packed
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sauce Pan
- Half pint mason jar
- In a small saucepan, whisk together butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and sea salt over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes – whisking constantly. Whisk in vanilla, and then remove from heat.
- Pour caramel sauce into heatproof jar and allow it to cool. Be careful not to pour it into a cold jar or it could crack.