Making almond milk from scratch is quick and easy. All you need is a blender, water and almonds to get started.
It’s much more affordable to make almond milk than to buy it week after week at the grocery store.
You can use this same method with other nuts to make other nut milks in addition to almond milk.
Easy Almond Milk Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Soak the almonds in water for at least one hour
- Rinse the almonds under cold water
- Put the almonds, maple syrup, vanilla and water in a blender
- Blend until the pieces of almonds are very fine
- Strain through a cheesecloth
- Store almond milk in an airtight container
Tips and Modifications
- Almond milk will last for about 4 days in the refrigerator
- Left over almond grounds are a great topping for fresh fruit or yogurt