This is the best gluten free banana bread recipe. The banana bread turns out super moist and tastes amazing.
Follow the recipe, step-by-step recipe video and process photos below.
Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
- Electric hand mixer
- Bread pan
- Preheat oven to 350° F. While the oven is pre-heating, mash the bananas with a food processor or mixer.
- Add bananas, melted butter, milk, egg, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and mix ingredients.
- Mix in sugars.
- Add the gluten free flour, sea salt and baking soda to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix with a handheld mixer on low speed.
- Prepare standard size bread pan (8 ½ x 4 ½ x 2 ½ inches) with non-stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper so bread loaf is easy to lift out of the pan after it has finished baking.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack and then remove from pan.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Banana Bread Recipe Tips
Tip #1 Ripe bananas
Making sure you use ripe bananas is important because they’re not only easier to mash, they’re typically a lot sweeter and will make your banana bread taste better.
If you need to ripen your bananas faster, put them into a brown paper bag with a couple of apples. The apples will release ethylene gas, which will help speed up the process of ripening your bananas.
Tip #2 Chunk it up or not?
Do you like bits and pieces of banana chunks in your bread? Instead of mashing all of your bananas, only mash half of them. Take the other half of your bananas and chop them into small pieces for your mixture. This will give an awesome flavor and texture.
Tip #3 They’re ready and you’re not.
So your bananas are ready for you to make gluten free banana bread… but you don’t have time and need them to wait a couple of days. Put your bananas into your refrigerator to slow down the ripening process. The skin will darken; in fact, it could turn close to black. That’s okay – the fruit of the banana inside the peel will be just fine.
Tip #4 Go nuts!!!
Traditionally, many people like adding 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts to the banana bread mixture. Another option is to try putting 1/2 cup of crushed pecans or 1/2 cup of crushed almonds into the batter.
Any way you make it, I hope you enjoy this gluten free banana bread recipe.