Ice cream is one of my weaknesses. I love how many flavor combinations you can create with homemade ice cream. I love peanut butter ice cream – the way the saltiness of the peanut butter balances the sweetness of the ice cream.
I often add mini chocolate chips to our peanut butter ice cream because the girls like them so much. This recipe would also be really good with some crunched up pretzels. The flavor would be very similar to Ben & Jerry’s Chubby Hubby – one of my all time favorite store bought ice creams.
So next time you want a decadent, sweet and salty ice cream for dessert, give this Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Ice Cream recipe a try. Let me know what you think after you try it!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Whisk together the half and half, sugar, salt and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate the mixture for around 2 hours to ensure it’s cold.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and allow it to churn for about 20 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate chips into the ice cream maker and allow it to churn for another 5 minutes.
- Drop the peanut butter in 1-2 tablespoons at a time so that it swirls evenly throughout the ice cream.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe dish (I use these glass storage containers) and freeze for at least one hour or longer before serving (unless you prefer a soft serve texture).