Looking for a great crockpot beans and rice recipe? Try this recipe for slow cooker red beans and rice. It’s super easy to make and delicious too!
The crock pot is one of my best friends, and crockpot beans and rice is a staple. I literally sing its praises as it saves me so much time on my busier days.
I love that I can just toss a bunch of stuff in it and come home at the end of the day to a prepared dinner. I have even been known to prep it all the night before, place it in the fridge then I can just pop the pan right into the crock pot in the morning and it makes for a speedy morning routine.
I especially love the crock pot during the summer months because it doesn’t heat up the house like my oven. I make a lot of roasts, chickens, stews and soups in the crockpot. Another really easy meal to make in your crock pot is this Slow Cooker Sausage, Red Beans and Rice recipe.
I never had Louisiana hot sauce before I met my husband, but he got me hooked on it. Our cabinet is always stocked and it goes with a lot of our meals.
If you’re looking for a very flavorful and filling crockpot recipe to try with your family, give this slow cooker Kickin’ Red Beans and Rice recipe a try. You can substitute your favorite veggies and even use chicken or turkey sausage if you prefer.
Slow Cooker Sausage, Red Beans & Rice
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 3 cups filtered water
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock
- 2 green bell pepper - chopped
- 1 onion - chopped
- 3 celery stalks - chopped
- 2 pounds andouille sausage - sliced to 1/4 inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves - chopped
- 4 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Slow cooker
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting Board
- Check the red beans for any small pebbles then rinse thoroughly. Allow them to soak overnight or longer.
- Add the soaked red beans, filtered water and homemade chicken broth to your crock pot.
- Chop all of the veggies and add them to the crock pot.
- Finally, chop the sausages and add them to the crock pot.
- Stir in the cajun seasoning.
- Turn the crock pot on high for 7 hours before leaving the house in the morning. When you get home, it should be ready to eat. Just prepare your rice and you're all set!
- Pour the red beans mixture over rice and serve for a very filling, delicious meal.