Jump to Directions
You only need 2 ingredients to make these cute DIY air freshener jars!
It has been years since we ditched the commercial air fresheners. When you know better, you do better.
Fortunately, there are so many alternatives these days. Instead of wall plug-ins, we use essential oil diffusers, reed diffusers and salt diffusers.
There are some areas where it’s not so easy to use an essential oil diffuser though. In those cases, I like to use cute DIY Air Freshener Mason Jars. They’re super easy to make and you only need 2 ingredients!
Easy DIY Air Freshener Mason Jars Tutorial
Tired of toxic air fresheners that cause respiratory issues? You only need 2 ingredients to make these cute DIY air freshener jars!Print (no photos)
Makes: 1 Jar
- ½ cup baking soda
- 10-12 drops essential oils - see ideas in notes below
- 16 ounce glass jar
- Small piece of fabric
- Put 1/2 cup baking soda into a pint-sized mason jar (or Parmesan shaker like the one pictured – I get mine at the dollar store).
- Stir in 10-12 drops of your favorite essential oil or blend.
- Place a piece of fabric over the jar, then seal with the band.
- Alternatively, you can use a Parmesan cheese shaker that you decorate with ribbon.
- Place your essential oil air freshener jar in an area you want to keep smelling fresh. (e.g., bathroom, near garbage can, in the closet, near your laundry hamper, in the refrigerator, etc.).
- Shake your air freshener jar frequently to keep the fresh scent activated. If you notice that the scent starts to fade, simply add 4-5 drops of additional essential oil to jar.
Recommended Essential Oils: Odor Zapper, Sweet Orange and Peppermint, Purify, Lime and Ginger, Cassia, Eucalyptus, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon – or any combination you love!