This Layered Eucalyptus Soap bar recipe uses melt and pour soap, dried herbs and essential oils to invigorate the senses and deliver benefits to the body.
I love teaching people how to make fun DIY bath products with natural ingredients. If you’re new to homemade beauty products, melt and pour soap bars are one of the easiest projects for beginners.
This tutorial takes it one step further and adds layers to the mix. The alternating translucent green and opaque white paired with dried eucalyptus makes for a fun handmade gift.
Eucalyptus is known for its ability to open up the sinuses, making it a great choice for helping with natural allergy relief or common winter ailments. However, eucalyptus essential oil isn’t recommended for use in children under 10, so try Sniffle Stopper for younger children.
Layered Eucalyptus Soap Bars
- Soap mold
- Glass measuring cup or bowl
- Stir stick
- Cut both clear and white soap bases into 1 inch cubes.
- Melt ¾ pound of the clear soap base in a double boiler until clear and smooth, then add 1-2 drops of green soap colorant to melted soap and stir until well combined. (Or you can use a glass bowl or measuring cup fitted into a pan of water)
- Pour into soap mold.
- Sprinkled dried eucalyptus leaves over the top. Let set for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt ¾ pound of the white soap base in a double boiler until smooth. Add ¾ tablespoon dried eucalyptus leaves into the melted white soap and mix until well combined.
- Pour into soap mold. Allow this layer to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the remaining ¾ pound of the clear soap base in a double boiler until clear and smooth. Add 1-2 drops of green soap colorant to the melted soap and stir until well combined.
- Add ¾ tablespoon dried eucalyptus leaves to the melted soap and stir until well combined.
- Pour into soap mold. Sprinkle remaining dried eucalyptus leaves over the top. Using your stir stick, mix the soap around a bit, making the top of the soap textured (optional).
- Allow the Eucalyptus Soap to set for 1-2 hours. Then cut into 2-inch soap bars.