Learn how to make the best DIY toilet bombs to keep your toilet smelling fresh and clean in this easy cleaning tutorial
Cleaning the toilet is one of the most dreaded household chores there is – at least for me. Fortunately, I have found a way to keep the toilet smelling fresh even in between deep cleanings – toilet bombs.
These DIY Toilet Bombs emit a nice fragrance that’s sure to cover up any smells emanating from your toilet when you just don’t have time to do a deep clean. Best of all, they’re scented with essential oils.
You can also use them as an actual toilet cleaner. After you drop it in and it’s done fizzing, simply scrub the toilet with your toilet brush as you would with any other toilet cleaner.
If you’re looking for an easy toilet freshener so you don’t have to clean your toilets quite so often, give these toilet bombs a try. You can also switch up the essential oils to find a blend your whole family loves!
Purchase pre-made toilet bombs instead of making your own.
How to Make DIY Toilet Bombs
- Combine your baking soda and citric acid in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Add your essential oils in a few drops at a time and mix to distribute evenly.
- Next, you can add in your water a small amount at a time and mix to combine (if you add it too fast, the mixture will react to the water).
- Scoop your mixture into your silicone mold and press down until your mold is full.
- Let your toilet bombs dry for a few hours, then carefully pop your toilet bombs out of your mold. Store in an airtight container until you're ready to use them.