Learn how to make DIY Peppermint Lip Balm tins that make easy homemade gifts. Includes two cute printable label choices.
This time of year, we all suffer from dry skin and chapped lips. So people love getting these beautiful tins of peppermint lip balm.
They’re easy to toss in a purse or keep handy. And they leave your lips feeling moisturized and minty fresh!
I put together some free printable labels for you so you can customize your handmade gift. Just make sure you get some full page label sheets.
How to Make Peppermint Lip Balm Tins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons beeswax pastilles
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- Small salve containers with lids
- Double Boiler
- Full page label sheets
- Put the beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, and sweet almond oil into your double boiler to melt ingredients together.If you don't have a double boiler, you can put water in a small pot and bring the water to a boil on the stove. Place your beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter and sweet almond oil into a a glass dish or Pyrex cup. Place the glass dish or cup inside the pot of boiling water and melt ingredients while stirring.Using either of these methods will allow the ingredients to slowly melt. A small skewer works great to stir the ingredients together.
- Remove from heat. Stir in about 20 drops of peppermint essential oil and quickly pour the melted mixture into the small metal containers right away before it starts to harden.
- Wait until it has completely cooled and hardened before capping them. Allow the lip balm to set for 24 hours before using.