‘Tis the season for Christmas Crafts! These DIY Star-Shaped Glitter Crayons are a great way to use up broken crayons, and they make great stocking stuffers for kids and homemade classroom gifts too!
I think most families with young kids have mounds of broken crayons. I have bags and bags full of them. I like to save them up to recycle them into new things. I wrote a post where you can get some ideas for what do with broken crayons. There are so many things you can do with broken crayons!
One thing you can do is to make seasonally themed crayons like these DIY Star-Shaped Glitter Crayons we made as one of our Christmas crafts. My girls love making Christmas crafts this time of year, and these easy Glitter Crayons make great gifts and stocking stuffers!
This glitter crayon recipe should make 4 star shaped crayons and will only take about 30 minutes from start to finish, minus cooling time. Increase the quantities of crayon pieces in the ingredients if you want to make more glitter crayons!
DIY Star Shaped Glitter Crayons for Christmas
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees F. While it's pre-heating, remove the paper wrapper from each of your red and green crayons.
- Use a knife to carefully cut each crayon into tiny pieces.
- Shake silver glitter into 2 star-shaped molds. Add green crayon pieces into those 2 star-shaped molds. Cover the green crayon pieces with additional silver glitter.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for green glitter and red crayons.
- Place the silicone mold with the crayon pieces into your oven for 15 minutes or until the crayons have completely liquefied. Remove the silicone mold from the oven.
- Allow your new star-shaped crayons to cool at room temperature overnight (or you can place them in the freezer for about 2 hours to cool them quicker).