January 19 is National Popcorn Day. Did you even know that was a celebration? I didn’t, but we love popcorn, so we’re happy to hop on board and celebrate National Popcorn Day! We’ll be popping up some popcorn to munch on and some more to do some of these popcorn activities for kids.
One of the reasons I love popcorn so much is because it’s one of only two varieties of corn that won’t cross-pollinate with GMO corn (the other is blue corn). So I feel safer giving it to my kids than other varieties of corn. Not to mention that popcorn is delicious too!
We don’t own a microwave, so I pop all of our popcorn on the stove. It tastes so much better and we get to avoid the chemicals that line microwave popcorn bags. Win-win for everyone!
If you’re looking for some fun ways to celebrate National Popcorn Day, you’ll want to check out these popcorn activities for kids. You’ll even find some free printables on this list. I love the sight words idea since we’re working on that with Kaylee right now!
Celebrate National Popcorn Day with These 16 Popcorn Activities for Kids
- Simple Play Popcorn Sensory Bin from Life Over C’s
- How to Make a Popcorn Card from That Bald Chick
- Popping Sight Words – Sentence Building Game from ABC Creative Learning
- Milk Paint Popcorn Rainbow from Kids Activities Blog
- Popcorn Math & Science Activity for Kids from EDventures with Kids
- Bouncy Popcorn Kernels from A Special Kind of Class
- Popcorn Sheep Craft from In the Playroom
- Fine Motor Skills Popcorn Craft from From ABCs to ACTs
- Free Printable Popcorn Counting Cards from Life Over C’s
- Colored Popcorn Kernels from Little Monster
- The Popcorn Olympics from One She Two She
- Hop on Popcorn from Obseussed
- Popcorn Matching Game with Free Printables from Sommer’s Lion Pride
- Painting Popcorn from Mess for Less
- Homemade Bird Feeder from Happy Hooligans
- Easy Corn Craft For Kids Using Real Popcorn from Crafty Morning