This DIY Time Out Bottle made from an upcycled water bottle is easy to make and can be used as a meditation bottle too!
When we’re on the go, sometimes we have to buy water bottles. Instead of trashing them, the girls and I decided to make time out bottles with glitter and their favorite colors.
I like water bottles with completely smooth sides for this craft, but you can use any bottles you have on hand. If you want, you can remove the label from the bottle, but we decided to leave them on this time around.
Now we have a fun way to calm down and relax with our meditation and time out bottles. Whether you’re looking to make a meditation bottle for yourself or a time out bottle for your child, I hope you find this tutorial helpful!
DIY Meditation Bottles
- Fill an empty water bottle with 2/3 water and 1/3 corn syrup, leaving about an inch at the top of the bottle.
- Pour the water and corn syrup into a small sauce pan, and heat on low. Add the glitter glue. If you use a different brand, you may need to use more glitter glue. The more glue you use, the longer the glitter will stay suspended. The less glue you use, the quicker the glitter will fall. If you’re making a meditation bottle, you will probably want more glue. For a time out bottle, you probably want less glue.
- Add food coloring until you get the color you like. The less glue you used, the more food coloring you’ll probably need to get your desired color. Whisk constantly until everything is combined. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Once it has cooled and all of the foam/bubbles have dissipated, pour the mixture into the smartwater bottle using a funnel. I believe the foam comes from the corn syrup, so the more corn syrup you use, the more foam you’ll end up with.
- Allow it to sit with the cap off until it’s completely cooled and there are no more bubbles at the top, then superglue the cap on. If you don’t glue the cap on, you might find a glittery mess in your house one day!
- Shake the bottle up and be mesmerized by your DIY meditation bottle.