Thai food is one of our favorite cuisines. For years, there wasn't a Thai restaurant in the town we live in, so I started learning to cook Thai food.
A new Thai restaurant recently opened in town, so we decided to try it out. While it was okay, it wasn't what we were used to having in San Diego.
Brian said that my Thai food is much better and he'd rather eat my home-cooked Thai food – that made me feel good since I'm still relatively new to it.
I have always loved soups, so I recently started making this Slow Cooker Thai Coconut Soup recipe. It is so amazingly good!
You can either eat it as a soup, or you can make rice to go along with it and have it more like a sauce. Either way, if you like Thai food, you're going to love this easy-to-make recipe!
Slow Cooker Thai Coconut Soup Recipe
- 2 (14 oz) cans of full fat organic coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups homemade chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked and chopped chicken or turkey meat
- 1 8 oz package of white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste
- 1 organic lime, juiced
- 1 cup organic cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In your slow cooker, add the coconut milk, red curry paste, lemongrass paste, chicken broth and sliced mushrooms.
- Turn your slow cooker on low, and allow the mixture to cook for around 4 hours.
- Add the chopped chicken, fresh lime juice, salt and pepper, then cook for another hour.
- Using a ladle, pour your Thai coconut soup into deep soup bowls, then sprinkle a bit of cilantro over the top
- Ladle into serving bowls and top each bowl with a bit of cilantro. You can also serve over with rice for a heartier meal.
This post contains affiliate links.