Is lavender one of your favorite scents for DIY beauty recipes? Learn how to make easy Homemade Lotion Bars with a few natural ingredients.
Lavender is one of my all time favorite scents. It is so relaxing and calming – and it’s cleansing at the same time. It’s wonderful.
That’s why it’s one of the essential oils I reach for often when I’m making homemade beauty products. It’s so versatile and you can pair it with so many other scents for fun combinations as well.
If you want to learn more about that, be sure to grab my free guide to choosing the right essential oils for your homemade beauty products.
My skin has been really dry all winter, so I decided to make some lotion bars. My skin can really use a refresh now that it’s spring!
The homemade lotion bars are really working wonders on my skin, not to mention the aromatherapy benefits of the lavender with everything we have going on right now. Life is busy and lavender makes it better.
One bar lasts me quite a while, so I like to gift these homemade lotion bars since this recipe makes 6-12 bars, depending upon the size of the mold you choose.
They are great gifts for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, birthdays and more. You can place them in organza bags, glass jars or any other nice gift wrap. I can tell you – they will be appreciated!
Try your hand at these Lavender Love Homemade Lotion bars and let us know what you think!
And be sure to try these other lavender beauty recipes:
- Lavender Bath Salts
- Lavender Body Butter
- Lavender Sugar Scrub Cubes
- Lavender Bath Bombs
- Lavender Sandalwood Bath Sachets
- Lavender Chamomile Goat Milk Soap
- Lavender Calendula Salve
Lavender Love Homemade Lotion Bars Recipe
- Heart-shaped molds (I used these ones)
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender buds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup beeswax pellets
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 10-12 drops lavender essential oil
- 3-4 drops vitamin E oil
- Sprinkle your dried lavender buds into each of the heart-shaped molds (or any silicone mold you choose). Set aside.
- Place your coconut oil and beeswax into a double boiler over medium heat, stirring frequently until the oil and wax are completely melted.
- Add the shea butter to the double boiler, and stir frequently until melted and the ingredients are well combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat, allow it to cool just slightly (don’t let it harden), then add the essential oil drops and vitamin E. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the melted mixture into your mold, being sure to fill each cavity all the way to the top so you have an evenly shaped lotion bar.
- Allow your homemade lotion bars to cool and harden at room temperature for about 4 hours or you can place them in the fridge and chill them for about 2 hours.
- Once they are completely cooled, remove the homemade lotion bars from the mold and transfer them to an airtight glass jar or other storage container.