Are you looking for a fun and useful kids Christmas craft? This easy DIY Tic Tac Toe Game has a reusable carry bag that doubles as the game board!
During the holiday season, it feels like we’re going from one event to the next and then on to the next. I know it’s tiring for me, so I know it also has to be very tiring for the kids.
Sometimes they like to be in the middle of things, socializing with everyone. Other times, they prefer to sit in a quiet corner and do something on their own.
Either way is fine with me, as long as they’re happy. So I like to have little things that can entertain them when we’re out and about. Since I prefer not to hand over my phone so they can have screen time, we’re always looking for new ideas to take with us on the go.
The girls have a lot of fun playing tic tac toe on the kids menus when we go out to eat. So we decided to make our own reusable tic tac toe game that we can take along with us.
Instead of the traditional X’s and O’s, we decided to use cute Christmas erasers. You can use anything you want really, as long as it’s something your child will personally enjoy and won’t break easily.
You can get little erasers like the ones we used at most dollar stores, or you can buy them online as well. Or you could make your own pieces out of something you already have at home.
Whatever you use, you’ll find that your kids will enjoy playing tic tac toe after making their very own kids Christmas craft! They make a really great party favor too if you’ll be hosting kids or if you’re in charge of this year’s classroom Christmas craft.
If you’re looking for a fun game for your kids to play this holiday season, you can make your very own Reusable Tic Tac Toe Game with Carry Bag by following this easy tutorial.
How to Make a Reusable Tic Tac Toe Game with Carry Bag
- 1 5" x 7" drawstring jute bag - per tic tac toe game
- 10 small Christmas erasers - per jute bag
- Puffy paint
- Cardboard pieces (to fit inside jute bags)
- Place one cardboard piece into each jute bag (to prevent the puffy paint from seeping through). If you get the packs of erasers from the dollar store, the backs usually work nicely.
- Use your puffy paint to draw a tic-tac-toe board on the front of the jute bag and allow it to dry overnight.
- Choose 10 erasers, like 5 Christmas trees and 5 gingerbread men, to place in the bag when the bag is dry and use as your tic-tac-toe pieces. Store the pieces in the bag and you have a game of tic tac toe ready to go at any time!