Have you wanted to learn to make your own face cream? This homemade anti-aging basil face cream is easy to make and so great for making your skin glow!
Basil has been used for millennia in skin care products. It's no wonder since it's full of wonderful antioxidants, making it great for anti-aging. Use basil-infused skincare products to give your skin a fresh, young appearance.
If you're dealing with uneven skin tone, basil is a wonderful choice. It's also great for tightening pores. In addition, it has antiseptic properties, so it's great for reducing acne and blackheads.
All of the great properties of basil for skin is why it's the primary ingredient in this Anti-Aging Basil Face Cream. It's nourishing and works well for all skin types.
Homemade Anti-Aging Basil Face Cream
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves and stems
- 1/3 cup witch hazel
- Filtered or distilled water
- 1 teaspoon almond oil (or your favorite oil – jojoba oil is another great choice)
- 2 teaspoon shea butter (or your favorite moisturizing butter)
- 1.5 teaspoons emulsifying wax pastilles
- 7-10 drops rosehip oil
- Using a food processor, combine the witch hazel and fresh basil leaves and blend well.
- Strain the now-green witch hazel into a half-pint canning jar, until you have ¼ cup of basil liquid. If you don’t have enough liquid, add a little bit of filtered or distilled water to until it reaches the ¼ cup mark.
- Add the Shea butter, almond oil and emulsifying wax to a double boiler. Heat until it's melted and smooth.
- Add your basil liquid mixture to the melted butter mix and slowly stir.
- Once it's well combined, allow it to cool and thicken.
- Once fully thickened, add 7-10 drops of Rosehip Essential Oil and stir until well combined. If your skin is dry, add 10 drops.
- Next, pour the mixture into half pint storage jars and seal.
- Your Anti-Aging Basil Face Cream will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
If you try this Anti-Aging Basil Face Cream, let me know how you like it!
Get More DIY Beauty Recipes
Did you like this recipe? Get my digital book, 30 Essential Oil Recipes for DIY Beauty and Skincare.