I totally have a weakness for seafood. I don't know what it is, but I love it. Shrimp is one of my favorites, but it has to be prepared right. I like making shrimp ceviche as a cold dish and serving shrimp in Thai curry or gluten free pasta for a warm dish, but these shrimp salad bites are amazing.
Shrimp work well in all sorts of appetizers, and are great if you're going for a lower carb diet. These Shrimp Salad Bites can be eaten as a meal in themselves (yum!) or they make great appetizers for parties get-togethers. Everyone likes tasty finger foods.
If you're going to use this recipe as a lunch, it will make 4 servings. If you're going to use this recipe for a low carb appetizer, it will make 30 servings. The best part is that it only takes 10 minutes to prepare this recipe, so it's great if you're short on time!
- ¾ pound cooked shrimp, peeled with the tails removed
- 2 organic celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large organic cucumber, sliced (shoot for around 30 slices)
- Organic chives, minced
- Combine the shrimp, celery, red onion, mayonnaise and yogurt in a large mixing bowl. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Arrange the cucumber slices on a platter and top each slice with a heaping tablespoon of shrimp salad.
- Garnish the shrimp salad bites with minced chives.