Have you heard of the Master Tonic? I started reading about it a few months ago, and was amazed at how powerful it appears to be.
Master Tonic is a natural remedy for any number of infections – it can cure far more than just the common cold. It’s naturally antiviral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic. I’ve often seen it referred to as a modern day plague tonic that can cure the most chronic conditions, stubborn diseases and antibiotic-resistant infections.
The reason the Master Tonic is so powerful is because all of the ingredients are fresh, and are designed to stimulate blood circulation to help introduce the detoxifying ingredients into your bloodstream.
About the Ingredients
Garlic is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that destroys gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. While manmade antibiotics kill the good bacteria your body needs, garlic only kills the bad bacteria – it even increases your healthy bacteria. Garlic is also a powerful anti-viral (to target colds, the flu and upper respiratory infections) and anti-fungal.
Onions have potent diuretic, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have shown onions to be an effective expectorant, making them useful for infections like the common cold, flu and persistent coughs. Onions are also rich in quercetin, which has been shown to help prevent heart disease by stopping cholesterol from attaching to arterial walls and blood platelets from sticking together and forming clots.
Horseradish is naturally antibacterial and anti-parasitic, and it stimulates your immune system. It has warming properties and acts as an expectorant, so it’s a potent herb for your sinuses and lungs. It helps open up your sinus passages and increases circulation there, which is where the common cold and influenza commonly begins.
Ginger is also naturally antimicrobial and boosts your immune system. It can help with chills, colds and fever. Most moms remember from pregnancy that it’s great for upset tummies too.
Hot Peppers can also help boost your immune system, act as a natural decongestant and have warming properties, which makes them a natural pain-reliever.
Organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar has so many amazing properties to it. It’s a natural antiseptic and antifungal, great for digestion, detoxifying and so much more.
Master Tonic Recipe
Tools and Equipment
- Cheese grater
- Cutting board
- Chef knife
- Large bowl
- Large glass jars with lids
- Cheesecloth and colander
- Plate (that will fit in your strainer)
- Amber bottles
All ingredients must be fresh, and should preferably be organic
- 1 part fresh chopped organic garlic
- 1 part fresh chopped organic white onion
- 1 part fresh grated ginger root
- 1 part fresh grated horseradish root
- 1 part fresh chopped hot peppers (cayenne, habanero, serrano, jalapeño, etc.)
- Organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (1 gallon recommended)
- Prepare all of your ingredients (chop, grate, etc.).
- Fill a glass jar about ¾ full with equal parts of the chopped and grated ingredients. You can use big gallon glass jars or smaller quart-sized mason jars like I used.
- Fill your jar(s) to the top with your raw apple cider vinegar. Make sure the ingredients are completely covered by the apple cider vinegar.
- Close the jar(s) and shake vigorously to mix everything together.
- Store the jar(s) in a dark place and be sure to shake them once a day for at least 2 weeks. Mine sat in the cabinet for about 2 months. (You can also place them in a paper bag on your counter.)
- Place a colander over a bowl and line the colander with cheesecloth.
- Place the mixture in the colander and use a plate to press the moisture out of the mixture into the bowl.
- You can wrap the cheesecloth around the remaining mixture to squeeze the rest of the moisture out of it.
- Pour the liquid through a funnel into amber bottles (I used 8 oz bottles, but you can use any size you like). I put a secondary filter in the funnel to make sure I didn’t miss any chunks. I ended up with enough master tonic for 18, 8-oz bottles!
Using the Tonic
First, I’m going to warn you – The Master Tonic isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s spicy and it’s potent. You’ll probably feel a sense of shock when it hits your mouth, but the health benefits are worth it.
For daily immune boosting, drink 1-2 ounces, two or more times each day. Just put it in your mouth, swish around, gargle and swallow. Don’t dilute it with water or the effect won’t be as powerful.
If you’re fighting an infection, take the tonic 5-6 times per day. It can be used during pregnancy and it’s safe for children (use smaller doses) since food is completely non-toxic.
You can make a huge batch each time since it doesn’t need refrigeration and it will indefinitely without any special storage conditions.
Disclaimer: The information included in this post is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the opinions expressed here are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.