I most often use turmeric when I’m making Indian food or when I need to color something yellow naturally.
One of the yummiest ways I’ve found to enjoy turmeric is with Turmeric Tea (often referred to as Golden Milk or Turmeric Milk).
I typically don’t like the taste of turmeric on its own, but it tastes really great in coconut milk with the combination of ingredients in turmeric tea.
Turmeric Tea Recipe
- 3 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger - or 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tiny pinch Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon raw honey - local preferred
- Sauce Pan
- Place all of your ingredients except the raw honey into a small sauce pan. Whisk to combine over low heat. It won’t look golden right away, but the color will come through as the turmeric tea simmers.
- Bring your turmeric tea almost to a simmer, then allow the turmeric tea to simmer for about 15-20 minutes, whisking frequently. You want to really allow the spices to infuse into the a2 milk.
- Strain the ginger out of the turmeric tea then add the raw honey and a dash of cinnamon.