Last Updated on
This activated charcoal detox bath soak recipe is amazing for cleansing the skin. Our essential oil blend smells amazing too, so you can enjoy your detoxifying bath.
Bath Soaks are such a great way to get some relief for your body and mind at the same time. There are many great recipes out there to make your own without buying pre-made bath soaks that can contain toxic ingredients and perfumes.
If you are going to buy a bath soak because you don’t have time to make one, I recommend with going with Ancient Minerals Magnesium Flakes. Most of us are magnesium deficient, so they’re a great choice!
When making your own bath soak, adding essential oils is wonderful for their aroma and also because you can cater them to what your body needs by changing the oils out. Grab my free guide to choosing the right essential oils for your homemade beauty products to learn more about that.
This bath soak recipe is great for detoxing and cleansing your body. The activated charcoal powder is there for the detox properties it provides and because it is wonderful for the skin. It can leave a black residue on the tub, so just be sure to wash that off as you’re rinsing off.
The cypress oil, lemon oil and grapefruit oil are all awesome for detoxing and cleansing too. The two citrus oils are also uplifting, so while you are eliminating toxins, you are also helping uplift your body and mind too. The cypress is good for circulation and muscles as well, so you’ll get lots of great health benefits in this charcoal detox bath soak – and it’s very easy to make as well!
Activated Charcoal Detox Bath Soak with Essential Oils
- Glass jar (10 ounces or larger)
- Measure the Epsom salts and baking soda and add them to a mixing bowl. Break down any lumps they may have in them before going on to the next step. These two ingredients can get lumpy very easily, especially if they have been opened before and then stored.
- Mix the two powders together until they're well combined, then measure and add in the essential oils. These three oils are thin and run out of the bottle quickly, so go slow when pouring. Whisk everything together really well, making sure to get any clumps of oil dispersed among the other ingredients.
- Add in the activated charcoal powder. While it can be quite messy, it is easy to mix in. Just mix slowly with the whisk and it will easily blend with the rest of the ingredients. The soak will end up a gray color when it is all blended together. Get down into the bottom edges of the mixing bowl and check to see if there are any white areas left. If it is a consistent gray color throughout the mixture, then you are done.
- You can transfer the charcoal detox bath soak to your jar now. I find the best way is to simply use a spoon to move it into the jar. Pouring can get messy! Cap and keep by the tub for your next bath.
- Add ½ cup of your activated charcoal detox bath soak to your tub under running warm bath and soak well.
- When using a bath product for detoxification, you want to be sure to wash well and rinse thoroughly in the shower after your bath to get all the toxins off your body and down the drain.