Last Updated on
Are you a huge shrimp scampi fan? There’s no need to pay a hefty price tag at a restaurant when you can make delicious Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi at home.
Whenever we go to restaurants, one thing I always look at ordering is shrimp. Why? It’s something I just don’t make very often at home.
I was thinking about why I don’t make shrimp often at home and realized there was no good reason for that. It cooks very quickly and it’s readily available at our local grocery store.
Did you know that you can cook shrimp in the Instant Pot too? It makes it even quicker than cooking it on the stovetop and it comes out delicious.
Have you tried making shrimp scampi in your Instant Pot yet? It’s super duper easy and quick to make. And more than likely you already have most of the ingredients on hand.
Give this Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi a try. Your family and guests will be impressed with the professional meal you can make in your kitchen in just a few short minutes!
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 2 pounds shrimp wild preferred
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons pastured butter we use Kerrygold
- 1 tablespoon minced organic garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine see how I freeze white wine for cooking
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken stock
- 1 pound gluten free pasta or 3 cups cooked rice*
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Parsley optional garnish
- Place the oil and butter in your Instant Pot, leaving the lid off. Set it to Saute mode.
- When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook just until fragrant.
- Add the white wine and chicken stock to deglaze the pot. Stir up any browned bits.
- Turn off the Saute setting, and add the shrimp and cover with the lid.
- Set to meat/stew for 1 minute. Once that is done, allow for natural release for 5 minutes, then use quick release to release the remaining pressure.
- Stir in the cooked pasta or rice and add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Have you ever made Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi? How did it turn out?