Are you looking for a handmade Father’s Day gift idea? Our homemade beard balm recipe comes together in minutes and it always impresses! Give it a try.
Mother’s Day has just passed, so now it’s time to start thinking about Father’s Day! I’m sure the man in your life doesn’t really need another tie or whatever the go-to gift is in your home.
Instead of heading to the store to pick up a Father’s Day gift, consider making your own this year. Handmade gifts impart so much love, and you’ll adore the gratitude you’ll receive for giving a gift you made with your own hands.
If the man in your life – whether that’s your husband, father, grandfather, son, uncle or anyone else – currently rocks a beard, then he’ll love receiving a jar of homemade beard balm.
Beard balm can make a beard much less unruly, much sleeker and more moisturized. Plus it’s super easy to make! If you regularly make homemade beauty products, then you’ll likely have all of the ingredients you need already on hand.
If you whip up a jar of homemade beard balm for the man in your life, be sure to let us know how he likes it in the comments below!
All Natural Homemade Beard Balm
- 12 ounce glass jar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup beeswax pastilles
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- Essential oils (for this recipe I used 20 drops of Cedarwood oil and 20 drops of Pine oil)
- Place your coconut oil, beeswax pastilles and Jojoba oil in a double boiler over medium heat. Stir the mixture frequently until all of the ingredients have melted together.
- Once everything has melted, remove the pan from the heat, then pour the mixture into your glass jar.
- After the mixture has cooled slightly (but not hardened, stir in your essential oils.
- Let the jars cool down uncovered overnight. You can also place the jars in the fridge to settle (without the lid on).
- Once set, it’s ready to use!
- Place a small amount in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together until the balm has melted and rub into your beard.
What are your favorite essential oils to add to your homemade beard balm?
Let us know how this shea butter soap recipe worked for you in the comments below!
My book, 30 Essential Oil Recipes for DIY Beauty and Skin Care is included in the bundle!