Do you have hair that tangles easily? Try this easy DIY natural hair detangler spray recipe – it’s great for kids of all ages!
My younger daughter Kaylee has super fine, very wavy that tangles so easily! Couple that with a super sensitive head and hair brushing time is absolutely no fun in our house.
It’s always a battle. I usually win and her hair gets brushed, but sometimes I let her win the battle and she doesn’t brush her hair for a couple of days. She very quickly remembers how much it sucks to get those knots out, so we go back to daily brushing.
It’s so bad that we’ve even gone so far as to tell her she can get dreadlocks in her hair so she doesn’t have to brush it anymore. Of course she doesn’t want that because she’s a little fashionista that loves changing up her hairstyles.
So what we’re left with is using a good natural hair detangler and a WET Brush. My hairstylist friend recommended it for her and it’s the only brush she’ll use now.
If you’re more the type to purchase things, you can try this pre-made hair detangler. Or, if you want to try your hand at DIY, you can make your own homemade natural hair detangler with a few simple ingredients.
Natural Hair Detangler Spray Tutorial
Supplies and Ingredients
- 2 ounce glass spray bottle
- 5 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- Witch hazel
- Distilled water
- Waterproof printable labels
- Add each of the essential oils to your glass spray bottle.
- Next, fill the bottle halfway to the top with witch hazel.
- Top off the bottle with distilled water, making sure to leave room to insert your sprayer.
- Shake the glass spray bottle well before each use to make sure the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Spray your natural hair detangler onto your wet or dry hair, then gently comb through your hair to remove any stubborn knots.