Last Updated on
Are you looking for the easiest way to clean an electric stainless steel tea kettle? Learn our easy one ingredient cleaning method!
I drink a lot of tea, so a few years ago I got an electric stainless steel tea kettle (I have the older model of this kettle) and fell in love with how easy it is to use compared to a stovetop kettle. Not only is it faster, it’s less noisy too!
Since it’s an electric kettle, you have to be a bit more careful washing it. It can’t go in the dishwasher or be completely submerged into water in the sink. Sticking my hand down inside with a sponge never seemed to clean all of the mineral deposits off and it was not the most comfortable method, so I had to find a different way to wash it.
Because, this mineral buildup is just gross! It flakes off in the tea if it’s not cleaned regularly.
We have hard water where we live, so I find myself using vinegar to clean hard water deposits pretty frequently. So I decided to try cleaning my electric tea kettle with white vinegar. It came out sparkling clean and it was so easy!
Here’s how to clean a stainless steel tea kettle with white vinegar.
- Dump any water in the tea kettle out, then pour about a half-inch of white vinegar into the bottom of the kettle.
- Turn on the kettle and allow the vinegar to come to a boil.
- Once the electric tea kettle shuts off, allow it to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Dump the white vinegar out of the kettle and down the sink, then rinse the kettle thoroughly with hot water until the vinegar smell has dissipated.
- Wa-la, your electric tea kettle has never been cleaner – at least not since it was brand new!
I use this easy process of cleaning my stainless steel electric tea kettle about once a week. I love how it gets off the soft and the hard mineral deposits without any scrubbing at all!