Does your upholstery or carpet need freshening? This DIY Lemon Thyme Upholstery and Carpet Deodorizer has cleansing and purifying effects to make your home smell fresh!
We live on a dirt road, and have a mostly dirt yard. We've also had chickens for years. Lots of dust, dirt and grime get tracked into the house no matter how hard we try to avoid it.
That means I'm constantly struggling to keep our house feeling fresh and clean. Essential oils make a huge difference in how our home smells overall. I love running a diffuser all of the time to keep the air clean. The carpet, on the other hand, is a completely different story.
Brian recently used our carpet cleaner to clean the carpet in the living room. It looks so much better, so I want to keep that fresh feeling going. I decided to whip up a batch of homemade uholstery and carpet deodorizer using two essential oils that are great for freshening things up – lemon and thyme.
Both essential oils have cleansing and purifying effects, which make them perfect for homemade household cleaners like this upholstery and carpet deodorizer. Once you make up your batch, all you have to do is sprinkle it on your carpet, couch or other upholstery; allow it to sit for a while and then vacuum it up. Then everything will smell so much fresher!
DIY Lemon Thyme Uphostery & Carpet Deodorizer
- 2 cups baking soda
- 20 drops doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
- 5 drops doTERRA Thyme Essential Oil
- Shaker Jar
- Pour the baking soda into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the essential oil drops, then stir until well combined. It will take a few minutes to make sure all of the essential oil drops are well distributed.
- Transfer the mixture to your shaker jar.
- To use, shake an even layer over your carpet or upholstery. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes, then vacuum up. Everything will smell fresher and the scent will linger.