Last Updated on
Looking for a unique handmade gift idea? These Sparkly DIY Glitter Soap Gems make a perfect gift for the pretty princess in your life (even if that’s YOU)!
Who else has girls that love everything that sparkles? My 7-year old is absolutely obsessed with sparkly things – I am constantly finding glitter everywhere around our house.
So, I figured I should put that glitter to good use and make some soap that she’ll love bathing with. What little girl wouldn’t love a pink and purple sparkly bath?
So I broke out my DIY beauty supplies and got to work. What I came up with worked out absolutely great! Kaylee is all about lathering up now!
These DIY Glitter Soap Gems are easy to make, and they make an absolutely wonderful gift – especially with the holidays on the horizon. Simply place them in a nice mason jar or organza bag and you’ll have the perfect presentation for this fun handmade gift idea.
How to Make Sparkly DIY Glitter Soap Gems
- Clear glycerin melt and pour soap block
- Silver cosmetic grade glitter
- Blue and pink soap colorant like this set (you could also use mica powder, but it’s messier)
- Soap scent or essential oils (your choice)
- Wilton gem soap mold
- Craft sticks or spatula for stirring
- Glass measuring cup
- Start by cutting your glycerin melt and pour soap block into about 4-5 large ice cube size pieces.
- Place your soap cubes into your double boiler until it’s completely melted, but very hot. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a glass measuring cup in a pan of hot water (just make sure to put something between the glass and the pan bottom so it doesn’t shatter – mason jar rings work for this).
- Mix in a couple drops of your pink soap colorant and a 1/4 teaspoon of cosmetic grade glitter.
- Then add a few drops of your soap scent or essential oils and mix until well combined.
- Place your gem soap mold onto a cookie sheet or baking pan to give it some stability.
- Fill about 5 gem cavities with your melted pink soap.
- Add a drop of blue soap coloring in to the remaining pink soap mixture and stir until well combined (it should be purple at this point).
- Fill another 5 gem cavities with your melted purple soap.
- Carefully place the cookie sheet and gem mold in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
- Remove from the freezer, then carefully stretch the sides of your mold and push up on the bottom to remove your soaps.
- Use your glitter soap gems to make lathering up more fun!