Do you love Fall, when pumpkin recipes abound? I know I sure do. But we can really overdo it with sugary baked goods this time of year too. That's why I came up with this delicious Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe!
I have a ton of coconut flour in my cabinet, just taking up space, so I decided to start experimenting with it more. If you haven't worked with coconut flour before, a little goes a really long way. You only need 1/2 cup for this entire recipe!
The result is great though! The muffins are moist and tasty, and just a touch sweet. They make a great breakfast on the go or a healthy mid-day snack.
Both girls and I gobbled them down – the batch didn't last long! These gluten free pumpkin muffins made with coconut flour will be going in the permanent rotation on my baking days from now on!
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Made with Coconut Flour
Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 12
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons homemade pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Real salt
- 4 pastured eggs
- ⅔ cup organic pumpkin puree
- ½ cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled pepitas
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cavity muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Add the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt to a mixing bowl and stir to combines.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract to another mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in the chia seeds.
- Divide batter equally among the muffin liners, then sprinkle pepitas over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. If you insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin, it should come out clean.
Have you ever made pumpkin muffins with coconut flour?