Do you love Fall, when pumpkin recipes abound? I know I sure do. But we can really overdo it with sugary baked goods this time of year too. That's why I came up with this delicious Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe!
I have a ton of coconut flour in my cabinet, just taking up space, so I decided to start experimenting with it more. If you haven't worked with coconut flour before, a little goes a really long way. You only need 1/2 cup for this entire recipe!
The result is great though! The muffins are moist and tasty, and just a touch sweet. They make a great breakfast on the go or a healthy mid-day snack.
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Made with Coconut Flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons homemade pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Real salt
- 4 pastured eggs
- ⅔ cup organic pumpkin puree
- ½ cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled pepitas
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cavity muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Add the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt to a mixing bowl and stir to combines.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract to another mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in the chia seeds.
- Divide batter equally among the muffin liners, then sprinkle pepitas over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. If you insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin, it should come out clean.
Have you ever made pumpkin muffins with coconut flour?