It has been warm here lately – way warmer than I’m used to. Since we live in the mountains, like nearly everyone else that lives here, we don’t have air conditioning. So we rely on fans and cold drinks like this Mango Pineapple Coconut Cream Smoothie to keep us cool.
I love making smoothies with chilled coconut milk. It’s important to check the can you choose to make sure when you shake it, it doesn’t swish around. You want a nice solid sound so you know you have a nice chunk of coconut cream in there. It’s that smooth, creamy goodness that makes this smoothie so decadent. And when you whip it up in the blender, it gets a light, fluffy texture at the same time – it’s pretty amazing.
While we like to use pineapple and mango in our coconut cream smoothie, you can use pretty much any frozen fruit – peaches, berries or any combination your heart desires. The combination of mango and pineapple with the coconut cream makes me feel like I’m sitting by the pool at a resort, even when I’m at home on my couch.
Mango Pineapple Coconut Cream Smoothie Recipe
Decadently Creamy Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- 1 can organic coconut milk chilled overnight
- 10 ounces frozen pineapple
- 10 ounces organic frozen mango
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice optional
- Turn the blender on high (or smoothie mode) and blend the ingredients together until they're whipped and smooth. If you need to, slowly add the pineapple juice to the blender, just until you get the consistency you want. You may need a bit more or less pineapple juice, depending on the cream to water ratio in the coconut milk you used.
- Serve on a hot day and enjoy!
What fruit would you add to a coconut cream smoothie?