Do respiratory challenges have you looking for congestion home remedies? Learn how to make the best natural sinus relief shower steamers with essential oils.
Respiratory challenges are typically abound in fall and winter around these parts, so I’m preparing to protect against the seasonal threats naturally. One of the ways we’ll be doing that is with these homemade natural Sinus Relief Shower Melts.
Taking a warm shower on its own is a great way to open up your sinuses and help you breathe easy. However, by dispersing essential oils into the steam, you can open up your airways even further. It feels so great to breathe in the vapors from these cute shower melts.
If you prefer to use an essential oil blend rather than multiple single oils, you can choose Breathe Ease. If you don’t already have a stash of oils, blends can be a more affordable way to go.
If someone in your family needs extra respiratory support this fall or winter, give these DIY Sinus Relief Shower Melts a try. You can make them ahead of time so you can have them on hand when you need them. And pair them with our Sinus Relief Body Balm for even more relief.
DIY Shower Steamers for Sinus Relief
- In a small bowl, add baking soda then slowly mix in water until it becomes just a tad more liquid than a paste.
- Add the cornstarch and mix until well combined.
- Pour into your desired molds. I prefer silicone molds because it's easier to remove them without breaking them.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Allow to cool and remove from pan.
- Add 2 drops each of Lavender, Peppermint and Eucalyptus essential oils onto each shower steamer and allow the oils to soak in. Store in mason jars or a plastic container to keep dry.