Jump to Recipe
Learn how to make the best oven baked, Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
Stuffed chicken breasts are one of my favorite dinners to make. You can stuff them with so many different things, but one of my favorite ways to make stuffed chicken breasts is with jalapeno poppers and bacon.
This Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe combines so many of my favorite foods into one meal. You can have your jalapeno poppers and your chicken breast too, all wrapped up in bacon!
Since the jalapenos are de-seeded, they shouldn’t be too spicy. You can make them more spicy by leaving the seeds in the jalapeno slices.
Another variation is to chop the jalapenos and mix them with the cheese and cream cheese instead of stuffing them. Some people find them easier to eat this way, especially for kids.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts
- 12 slices uncured bacon - or more if your chicken breasts are larger
- 4 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese - grated
- ¼ cup green onions - minced
- 2-4 jalapenos - sliced in half and de-seeded
- Casserole pan
- Mixing bowls
- Cutting Board
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, grated cheddar cheese and minced green onion. Stir until well combined.
- Clean and de-seed your jalapenos. You’ll want half a jalapeno for most taste buds. However, if you like your food extra spicy, you can use 4 whole jalapenos.
- Stuff the jalapeno halves with the cheese, cream cheese and green onion combination.
- Slice through the side of the chicken breast to create a pocket that you can stuff the filled jalapeno into.
- Once you’ve sliced the chicken breasts, stuff the jalapenos into the chicken breasts then press them closed.
- One at a time, wrap each chicken breast tightly with the bacon. Use toothpicks to secure the bacon. Transfer the bacon wrapped chicken breasts to a large baking pan, then place in the oven.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (bake time will depend on the size of the chicken breasts). Once the chicken is cooked, transfer the pan to the broiler and broil on high for about 2 minutes to crisp up the bacon.
- Serve your Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts with a side of salad and you have a delicious and nutritious meal!