Are you searching for the best homemade Activated Charcoal Drawing Salve recipe? Learn how to make this DIY natural remedy using simple ingredients.
So how do you help your child feel better naturally when they encounter any of these issues? You clean the area well, then you use something to help draw the poison out.
This Activated Charcoal Healing Salve is useful for drawing poison and impurities from your skin. While it draws out what you don’t want, it heals and nourishes your skin at the same time.
You can use it on anything that needs help healing or having toxins drawn out. While all of the ingredients in this mixture are beneficial, charcoal is the star as it acts like a magnet, pulling out poisons from bugs as well as impurities in your skin that clog pores and cause acne.
Make some up ahead of time, so you’re prepared the next time your child (or you), gets stung by a bee, bitten by a bug or comes into contact with a poisonous plant like poison ivy, poison oak or stinging nettle.
Remember to always use pure essential oils in your DIY natural remedy projects. Your skin deserves the best, especially when it’s irritated. I use Plant Therapy essential oils because they are affordable and high quality.
Activated Charcoal Healing and Drawing Salve
- 2 teaspoons activated charcoal powder
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pellets
- 1 tablespoon Bentonite clay
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 12 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 5 drops basil essential oil
- Add 2” of water to a small pan.
- Place beeswax pellets and coconut in a small jar and place it in pan, I like to use a 4 ounce mason jar that I store the salve in so it dirties one less container.
- Heat on low and stir frequently until melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until you can comfortably grab the jar.
- Stir in activated charcoal, bentonite clay and essential oils until well combined.
- Replace the lid and allow your mixture to cool completely until it thickens and firms up.
- Rub a generous amount on acne, bug bites or bee stings. Allow it to sit overnight for most bites and stings.